1. Altun R, Ozden A. [Complementary and alternative medicine].
Guncel Gastroenterology 2004; 8(3):231-5.
2. Brown J, Byers T, Thompson K, et al. Nutrition during and after
cancer treatment: a guide for informed choices by cancer
survivors. Cancer J Clin 2001;51:153-81.
3. Conklin KA. Cancer chemotherapy and antioxidants. American
Society for Nutritional Sciences. J Nutr 2004;134:3201-4.
4. Diehl V. The bridge between patient and doctor: the shift from
CAM to integrative medicine. Integrating Complementary
Medicine into Hematology Care 2009;320-5.
5. Mollasiotis A, Fernadez-Ortega P, Pud D, et al. Use of
complementary and alternative medicine in cancer patients: a
European survey. Annals of Oncology 2005;16:655-63.
6. Gratus C, Wilson S, Greenfield S M, et al. The use of herbal
medicines by people with cancer: a qualitative study. BMC
Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2009;9:14.
7. Schieman C, Rudmik L R, Dixon E, et al. Complementary and
alternative medicine use among general surgery, hepatobiliary
surgery and surgical oncology patients. Can J Surg 2009;52: 5.
8. Bishop F L, Lewith G T. Who uses CAM? A narrative review of
demographic characteristics and health factors associated with
CAM use. eCAM 2010;7(1)11-28.
9. Ceylan S, Hamzaoglu O, Komurcu S, et al. Survey of the use of
complementary and alternative medicine among Turkish cancer
patients. Complementary Therapies in Medicine 2002;10:94-9.
10. Armstrong T, Cohen MZ, Hess KR. Complementary and
alternative medicine use and quality of life in patients with
primary brain tumors. Journal of Pain and Symptom
11. Molassiotis A, Panteli V, Patiraki E, et al. Complementary and
alternative medicine use in lung cancer patients in eight
European countries. Complementary Therapies in Clinical
12. Onat H, Demir C. [Proper nutrition in health and cancer]. Say
Publications, 1st Edition, Istanbul 2007.
13. Kim J, Lim S, Shin A, et al. Fatty fish and fish omega-3 fatty acid
intakes decrease the breast cancer risk: a casecontrol study. BMC
14. Mernitz H, Lian F, Smith D E, et al. Fish oil supplementation
inhibits NNK-induced lung carcinogenesis in the A/J mouse.
Nutr Cancer 2009;61(5):663-9.
15. Chacko S M, Thambi P T, Kuttan R, Nishigaki I. Beneficial
effects of green tea: a literature review. Chinese Medicine
16. Coskun T. [Health benefits of functional foods. Journal of Child
Health and Diseases] 2005;48:69-84.
17. Kelly KM. Bringing evidence to complementary and alternative
medicine in children with cancer: focus on nutrition-related
therapies. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2008;50:490-3.
18. Weitzman S. Complementary and alternative (CAM) dietary
therapies for cancer. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2008;50:494-7.
19. Cooper EL. The immun system and complementary and
alternative medicine. Ecam 2007;4 (S1):5-8.
20. Kaminogawa S, Nanno M. Modulation of immune functions by
foods. Advance Access Publication 2004;1(3):241-50.
21. Muhsiroglu OO. [Nutrition and cancer. GATA Publisher
22. Go VLW, Wong DA, Resnick MS, Heber D. Evaluation of
botanicals and dietary supplements therapy in cancer patients. J
23. Richardson MA. Biopharmacologic and herbal therapies for
cancer: research update from NCCAM. J Nutr 2001;131:3037-40.
24. Barnard RJ. Prevention of cancer through lifestyle changes.
Advance Access Publication 2004;1(3):233-9.
25. Auberbach L. Complementary and alternative medicine in the
treatment of prostate cancer. Published by Elsevier Ireland Ltd.
26. Jones L W, Demark-Wahnefried W. Diet, exercise and
complementary therapies after primary treatment for cancer.
Lancet Oncol 2006;7:1017-26.
27. Yildirim YK, Fadiloglu C, Uyar M. [Complementary therapies in
palliative cancer care. Agri 2006;18:1.
28. Shapiro D, Cook IA, Davydov DM, et al. Yoga as a
complementary treatment of depression: effects of traits and
moods on treatment outcome. eCAM 2007;4(4):493-502.
29. Jennen C, Uhlenbruck G. Exercise and life-satisfactory-fitness:
complementary strategies in the prevention and rehabilitation of
illnesses. Advance Access Publication 2004;1(2):157-65.